Growing Teams and Leaders
Robbie Mac Iver grows teams and leaders to achieve improved and more predictable business results for their organizations. Using agile principles and values he creates trustful, collaborative work environments in which teams thrive. Robbie brings business and technology teams together to create innovative business solutions by providing practical, sensible, and effective project leadership.
As the Owner and Principal Consultant of The Mac Iver Group, LP, Robbie offers professional services in agile project management, agile leadership, transition, training and coaching. He is certified by the ScrumAlliance as a Certified Scrum Master and a Certified Scrum Professional, is a facilitator of Innovation Games® for Agile Teams, and holds the PMP certification from the Project Management Institute.
As an Agile Advisor with Corpus Optima, Robbie is incorporating agile principles into the organization’s service offerings, delivery methods and internal operations to enhance Corpus Optima’s ability to help clients accelerate and sustain the advanced process and culture transformation practices of Superperformance.
Robbie serves as national President of the Agile Leadership Network and is a founder of the local chpater in Houston. He served as a Stage Producer for the Agile 2010 and Agile2011 conferences, and a Stage Producer for the Agile Executive Forum 2011.
For a leading oilfield services provider:
- Providing agile consulting and coaching services to implement agile principles and practices across multiple product line organizations
- Transitioning multiple software development teams to Scrum
- Consulting on team alignment and portfolio management
For a regional financial institution:
Provided training and coaching services to assist the IT organization in adopting agile values and practices in order to improve delivery on business objectives and priorities.
For a provider of oil & gas software products:
- Provided agile leadership and coaching for a product development group to improve their adoption of agile values and practices.
- Consulted on organizational changes to more effectively communicate organizational and product goals, and on structuring local and offshore teams to improve product delivery.
- Served as ScrumMaster to build and reinforce development best practices and improve team dynamics.
In support of a multi-million dollar supply chain centralization initiative:
- Defined Agile project management process to bring suppliers into the national supply chain network by more effectively adapting to the varying levels of complexity and uncertainty presented by individual suppliers. Conducted workshops to implement the new project management process resulting in a clearer understanding of business processes and goals, increased team accountability, and improved focus on business value objectives.
- Conducted business process workshops to identify process improvement opportunities, clarify organizational accountabilities, and define automation requirements to improve supplier adoption for the regional distribution centers. Led cross functional team employing iterative and incremental techniques to build a central data repository and web-based productivity tools to support the improved business processes.
For a provider of information security services and products:
- Improved customer satisfaction by overseeing relationship with principal supplier and establishing a formalized working relationship with the vendor’s technical team. Coordinated technical requirements, established clear and consistent communications processes, and managed internal and external expectations of the vendor/supplier relationship.
- Led a transition program to set up new software engineering team. Consulted on organization strategy, team organization, and the development of best practices for commercial concerns and managing team priorities. Mentored team leads on software development processes, and building positive customer relationships.
For a provider of identity management software products:
- Increased product quality and customer satisfaction for a client software product allowing deployment of 400K seats in Fortune 100 global enterprises resulting in sales of $4.2M.
- Led use case analysis and design effort to enable senior management to make an informed decision to halt a $2M development effort to re-design and re-architect a flagship software product.
- Managed team of 5 professionals within a budget of $750K to evaluate and select the Security Information Management (SIM) technology partner to maximize network security for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games and to support the organization’s Managed Security Services solution offering.
- Improved the usability of a key application by managing a team of 3 professionals within budget of $300K to re-develop and deploy the web-based application.